July 15, 2010

Hey there.

 
I’ve been a movie-obsessed since I was in diapers. Glued to any kind of behind-the-scenes footage. Clamoring for any interview about production secrets. I geeked-out when DVDs made Director’s Commentary a common occurrence. And for as long as I could talk, I talked about movies. Loudly and with fervor.

As a kid, my favorites were action/adventure flicks like the Batman movies, Indiana Jones, Crocodile Dundee or anything with Muppets. As a teen, I grew a deep-seated love for independent movies because of their ability to rattle and surprise me, and became obsessed with horror movies – The Good (Halloween), The Bad (Jack Frost), and the Ugly/Gross (Evil Dead 2). In college, I learned to love westerns, and to seek out women’s films. And with every new genre, came new films for me to love/hate/obsess over.

So here I am. A long-time movie nerd, whose obsession/love only grows.

And I never did learn to keep my opinions to myself.

~Movie Nerd Girl